Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Sunday, December 23, 2012

PROFILE: Recording Artist Rene' Casey


Recording Artist Rene' Casaysay aka Rene' Casey

Hometown:            Hartford, Ct.

Current Location:   West Palm Beach, Fl.

Genre of Music:     POP

What inspire you to Pursue your love of Music?
I was born and raised in the Philippines. When I was growing up I already knew that Music was my life. I think I began singing at the age of 7. I went to college, but during my third year I knew I had to pursue what I loved. I decided to quit school and joined the band called THE WINGS OF MANILA as a lead singer. That is brought me here in the U.S.A.

Who are your influences? 
My influences include Tom Jones,  Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Louie Armstrong and Neil Diamond.

When it comes to pursuing Music what is your Idea or view of what success means?
For me success is when I can relate to my audiences, making them understand what I am singing about. My satisfaction comes from putting smiles on their faces and making them enjoy listening to and watching me perform.

In spite of challenges and difficulties what keeps you motivated?
It motivates me most when I can get my audience's attention at the first line of my song. Then I'll know it will be a great show. The way they receive me and congratulate me after my performances is a priceless feeling.

What advice do you have for aspiring musicians or individuals interested in in pursuing their own dreams?
 My advice is that they have to believe in themselves. There is no limit on what you can do to achieve many dreams. But the most important thing is that they have to be humble and persistent. There are many rejections before you get to where you wanna be, and when you get there you have to know how to hang in there for as long as you can.

Stay in contact with Rene' Casey and his music at www.cdbaby.com/cd/renecasey  or on Youtube at www.youtube.com/renecasey. His music is also available on ITunes. On Facebook you can find him at https://www.facebook.com/rene.casaysay.

No comments:

Post a Comment