Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, April 15, 2016

MODEL CITIZEN: Introducing TraVion Blair

by Cyrus Webb

One of the things Conversations has tried to remind readers and listeners of our platforms of is that with faith nothing is impossible. No matter where you are from or what others might say, there is nothing you can't do or achieve if you are willing to do the work.

On December 31, 2015 Mississippi native TraVion Blair wrote on his Facebook page: "God has major plans in my future." Not long afterwards the 17 year old was walking in his first fashion show, doing photoshoots and on his way to seeing his goal of being a model and actor come true.

In an exclusive interview he talked with Conversations about the journey and what it's been like to remind others of what is possible.

"I like to motivate people to follow their dreams" TraVion told me. "This is a dream of mine.  Just to do it it makes me happy."

Talking about his walking in his first fashion show he says he was nervous at first but became more relaxed and it ended up being one of this greatest feelings and experiences of his life.

Though he was initially interested in pursuing acting first, TraVion says his mom told him that modeling might be the way to get his foot in the door. "I went to a modeling show and realized I could do this," he says. "One of my friends told me 'That that could be you'. It motivated me to pursue my career in modeling and acting."

Never to be seen as the shy one, TraVion says this is more than about him. "I want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to follow their dreams and make the world a better place."

To do anything towards your goal and dreams takes courage. I asked him how he has not allowed fear to stop him. "Fear is something that shows weakness," he told me, "and for me to show weakness is to show that God is not in control. I want to show everyone that God is in control of my life."

His advice for others? "Never give up on your dreams. Keep following your dreams, follow your heart."

Stay connected with TraVion on Facebook at www.facebook.com/travionblair12.

*Photo by Photoz by Paul Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment