Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Thursday, October 5, 2023

One-On-One with Master Event Planner, Entrepreneur and Author Melissa Banks



by Cyrus Webb

I have had the opportunity over the past few years to see Melissa Banks in action, and she is indeed inspiring. As an Award-winning Master Event Planner, Entrepreneur, author, Podcast Host and Founder of the Imagine the Possibilities community, she is living proof that you CAN push past any challenge or difficulty that comes your way.

Melissa, congratulations on all of your success already in 2023. What has it been like for you to reflect on this year so far?

Thank you so much. This year has been an absolute whirlwind. It has moved so fast and I’m so grateful for the direction it has taken me. One of the biggest things for me this year is clarity for myself and my business.

You wear many hats. What has helped you to keep all the balls in the air when it comes to your business and brand?

What really has helped me the most is to stay focused on my purpose, to operate from my lane, have a plan and get up every day ready to execute.

Social media is something you have definitely used a lot. What advice would you give to business owners about the best way to use it?

Social media is something if you have a business you must learn to do well. That means we can use it to amplify our voices and what we bring to the world. What I have learned is there’s so many things in place already to help you be successful in getting your product/service noticed. Control what you see and whose voice you hear. And don’t ever stop learning because it changes consistently. To always show up the way you want to be known.

One of the things you have done this year is released your newest book DREAM BY DESIGN Inspirational Journal. Tell us about it.

I’m excited about this book. It is so important that we have some reminders to keep us focused and moving in the direction of our dreams. I believe everything begins and ends with the message you say to yourself. This book provides weekly prompts to help you begin each week ready to achieve your goals. It not only gives you the prompt, but it also provides a space to write your goals and what you’re going to do to make it happen.

You are also gearing up for the third season of your talk show Dream by Design. What has it been like to share the stories of other inspiring women?

This show excites me! To listen to these women and hear some of the hard stuff that they have overcome inspires me and I believe my listeners as well. Their stories show us what happens when you keep going despite the circumstances you can create the life you want and deserve. When women support women, we’re unstoppable. 

Coaching is something you have also leaned more into. Why has it been important for you to pour into others when it comes to what you have learned?

Early in my journey I asked a woman who was running a successful business to help me with certifications. She wouldn’t help me the way I wanted, but in reality she really did help me without knowing it. I did the work and the research to find what I needed. I made a commitment to myself that I would always pour into others what I have learned. Coaching others gives me the opportunity to do that. I believe that helping you win doesn’t stop me from winning. In fact, it helps me win! 


Challenges come to all of us as entrepreneurs. Tell our readers how you approach it and what helps you to not give up when things get hard.

It is important to me during these times to be grateful to God for what He has already done. It is also important to speak life into myself using affirmations. It is important not to get stuck looking at the situation. Then look at what is happening, be honest with myself about my part and then give myself some grace to move on. I lean into scriptures, or quotes that encourage me during that time.  And never make quitting an option. I have learned when challenges come this is not the time to sit down and do nothing. This is the time to dig deeper and keep moving.

What are you looking forward to next?

We have a lot of exciting opportunities coming up this year. More opportunities to impact women. Look for some in person and virtual events coming from us and new things with my Imagine the Possibilities community.

Any other advice you want to share for entrepreneurs or those looking to start a business?

Everything begins with believing in yourself! It’s ok not to have it all figured out to start. Just do it! Don’t ever stop learning and growing. Get up everyday moving in the direction of your dreams.

Thanks again for your time, Melissa. How can our readers stay connected with you? 

You can connect with us at www.themelissabanks.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment