Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Monday, June 6, 2011

PROFILE: Recording Artist Crystal Johnson


As new voices are being discovered and enjoyed everyday, when you come across a multi-talented individual like Crystal Johnson you take notice. She has been in love with music and the entertainment industry for most of her life, and now the world is able to enjoy the skills she has to bring to music lovers.

Her album THE DAY BEFORE HEAVEN brings Crystal's world into your home and makes her a part of your life. She talks about that feeling with Conversations' Cyrus Webb.

When did you first realize that you had a gift when it came to singing?
I first realized my singing gift at 5 or 6 years old. I used to sings songs around the house with my mother (who is also a professional singer). My first solo in the children's choir was at age 7

Who are your musical influence?
70's music in general. Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin,Stevie Wonder, The Crusaders, My Uncle Sam Johnson, My mother Carolyn Johnson-White. Female Producers such as Twinkie Clark, Angela Winbush, Patrice Rushen,


When people hear THE DAY BEFORE HEAVEN what do you want them to take away from it?
When listening to "The Day Before Heaven, I want to take people to a place of inspiration. My desire is to motivate and encourage life and love by sharing my personal testimony.

What advice do you have for individuals pursuing their own goals and dreams?
Never give up. Never! Let no one keep you from your purpose. With focus and determination you can achieve anything your heart desires.

Find out more information about Crystal Johnson by visiting www.crystaljohnson.com. To listen to Crystal Johnson's interview on Conversations LIVE with Cyrus Webb click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment