Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, June 6, 2014

Recording Artist Foley: Reminding the World Why Life Is Worth Living

by Cyrus Webb

Recording artist Foley of D'Life Entertainment is one of those individuals on a mission.

He is using each and every day on this earth to make his mark, and the hard work is definitely paying off. He's respected as an artist and a true promoter of his craft, and there's no sign of him slowing down any time soon.

I had the opportunity of interviewing him on his birthday this year about his journey, and during that conversation he shared some insight into what motivates him and why quitting is never an option.

FOLEY ON THE SUCCESS:
"Sometimes I kind of get caught up in the moment of what's going on, but it makes me feel as though there's a lot more to get done. When people are feeling the music you get a certain type of vibe. You just want to keep going. I am happy to reach the accomplishments I have but I keep pushing to do more."

FOLEY ON THE INTERNET:
"Getting that feedback is so important. The internet opens the doorway to a world that the music can take me into. I have had artists call me from Africa and done interviews in England. as well as gotten music on soundtracks, all thanks to being online. The internet changed the game and is only getting stronger daily."

FOLEY ON HIS BRAND:
"When people hear my name I want them to think fun. I think when I first got in the (music) game I was doing singing so I was talking from the heart. Experiences changed me. We are going through some troubling times right now, but you want to remind people that life is worth living. I've been there. I've been through those troubling times when I didn't want to be here. Through music I have changed it over to being more fun. Not only do I want people to dance, but I want them to want to live. I want to be that reminder to them that tomorrow can be a better day."



Foley told me during our conversation that it's his family that helps him to keep himself and his career in perspective. Keeping the examples of individuals that allowed their egos to lead them as a warning he told me that everyday he strives to treat people the way he wants to be treated. Because of this he is not only like by fans but respected by other artists as well. "That's definitely motivational," he says. "I feel honored by that."

Through the dark chapter of his life Foley was able to find a reason to move on. His hope for all of you is that you realize your own worth and know that regardless of what you are going through life is worth living.

For all things dealing with Foley and his company D'Life Entertainment visit http://www.dlifeentertainment.com and follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/foleydlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment