Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Comedian Benji Brown: Living Life with Laughter and a Purpose

by Cyrus Webb

With all of the problems we are facing there is nothing like a good laugh to keep you going. If you are looking for someone to give you that comic relief and make you think in the process then comedian Benji Brown is someone you should know.

I was introduced to him a little earlier this year, and it was obvious not just from his resume but his outlook on life that he was someone that deserve the spotlight.

"It's been quite a journey," he told me during our conversation. "To me it's more than just comedy. It has enlightened me and through my travels has enlightened others." Benji has been seen on national television as well as traveling the country with his routines that are taken from events of the day. When talking about his audience, he says "they get the feel for some substance that is there because I have really mixed in a message in my comedy. It is my goal to help someone through laughter and life lessons."

What I gleaned from Benji is that he is not only helping others but it is a form of therapy for himself as well. "When I started in this business over a decade ago things were different," he told me. "Comedy has been the outlet for some to get through the day. I have been able to use that to my advantage."

When he reflects on his success Benji thinks that it "reassures and validates" why he does what he does. Real success is in knowing that he is making a difference in the lives of someone else. "You never know what someone is going through," he told me. "Maybe not everyone in the audience will be able to reach out to you. Everytime I do come across that it makes me go the extra mile."

Stay in contact with Benji Brown on Twitter at http://twitter.com/benjibrown1 and his Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/benjibrownshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment