Recording Artist Antoine Dunn has been enjoying success in his musical career, seeing his music feature fans around the world. His newest...
Friday, November 2, 2012
Quick & Easy Cooking w/Bruce Tretter: Sweet & Savory Salad
Sweet & Savory Salad
Like a full orchestra – or rock or jazz band – exploding with a richly balanced symphony of sound, a sweet and savory salad brings out the best in complimentary flavors. The sweet enhances the savory, and the savory does the same to the sweet. You bet!
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
1 Handful of Lettuce Per Person
Favorite Fresh Fruit
1/4 Red (or any) Onion
Favorite Dried Fruit
Favorite Nuts (I used walnuts, but again, any kind of nut will work)
Favorite Salad Dressing
Feta (or any) Cheese
Ground Black Pepper
1. Rinse and shake dry a handful of lettuce and fresh fruit.
2. Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces.
3. Prepare the fresh fruit by removing the stems and seeds as necessary and cutting the fruit into bite sized pieces.
4. Cut a red (or any) onion in half, and cut one of the onion halves in half again. Cut off the tough onion stem and root ends and peel the onion skin. Cut slices about 1/4 - 1/2 inch (6-12 mm) wide, making sure not to cut through the back of the onion to keep the slices bound together, and chop those slices into pieces also 1/4 - 1/2 inch (6-12 mm) wide.
5. Put all the chopped ingredients into a bowl, top with a shot of salad dressing, and either have the salad as is or add your choice or a combination of a crunch of ground black pepper, feta cheese, nuts and/or dried fruit and serve.
For complete easy to follow step-by-step picture book directions, just go to the Gotta’ Eat, Can’t Cook website at www.gotta-eat.com. Click the “salad and salad dressings” tab from the banner in the middle of the homepage. Then click the picture of “Sweet & Savory Salad” to download the step-by-step picture book recipe all entirely for free.