Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, December 6, 2013

Judge Jeanine Pirro: Fighting For Justice By Not Remaining Silent

by Cyrus Webb

Sometimes the worst thing we can do is refuse to speak up when we know something is wrong or when we have a feeling that justice is not being served. Our silence is sometimes the same as agreeing with the wrong that is being done or said, and that makes us a part of the project instead of an advocate for the truth and what is right.

It's easier said than done, but things work out for the good when we do what we know to be the right thing. A perfect example of someone who lives by this motto is Judge Jeanine Pirro.

I have been a fan of Judge Jeanine for some time. She is a person who is not afraid to speak her mind and fight for what she believes in. I first got to know her through her appearances on television programs offering her professional opinions on legal issues of the day. Then when she began her weekly show on Fox News Channel I was able to see her not just share her legal perspective but shine a light on injustices and causes that mattered to her.

This year I discovered her ability to tell a great story through her Fox series starring Dani Fox. Her book CLEVER FOX allows us to see how even people on the side of right are sometimes handed situations that are not easy to figure out. I had the opportunity to talk with Judge Jeanine about her journey that has led her to writing and what it is that keeps her fighting day after day.

JUDGE JEANINE ON LIFE AND WRITING:
"Writing fiction has given me the opportunity to talk about something that I love and have devoted my professional life to: crime and law enforcement. I've been a prosecutor, a Judge and a Disctirc Attorney for 30 years. For me Clever Fox and the ability to write books gives me the opportunity to tell the public what it's like in the Criminal Justice System. The prosecution of crime is so much more sophisticated than what people see on television shows. It's also quite political when it comes to what cases are prosecuted and get attention. I'm having a great time doing it."

JUDGE JEANINE ON ART IMITATING LIFE:
Fiction allows us to see the truth about ourselves as well as qualities in people that we like and don't like. "The first book (SLY FOX) is about the beginning of my career. I was an Asst. D.A. at a time when I was the only woman, and as I look back I think about how incredibly different it is today and how far women have come. It was very therapeutic and had me look at things a little differently."

JUDGE JEANINE AND SOURCE OF HER PASSION FOR JUSTICE:
"Without a doubt it came from my mother. She taught me a long time ago never to remain silent. Ultimately in my life that was translated into my work with crime victims. I was taught to be kind and to take care of people. I knew at a young age that I wanted to be a lawyer and that led me to protecting the victim. That is the best job in the world."

No matter what platform she uses Judge Jeanine Pirro is committed to her passion for life and justice, setting the example for us all. Stay connect with her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/judgejeaninepirro and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/judgejeanine. Get her new book CLEVER FOX on Amazon.com or wherever your favorite books are sold.

Listen to her interview on Conversations LIVE at www.tinyurl.com/judgejeanineinterview.

No comments:

Post a Comment