Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Saturday, December 26, 2015

10 Books to Help You Develop and Advance Your Business in 2016

by Cyrus Webb

I am asked quite a bit what has helped me in building my business and brand over the past 10 years, and I have to say that reading books that were designed with the entrepreneur and visionary in mind has been the key. Sure associating with like-minded individuals and learning and growing along the way have been instrumental as well, but these are qualities that have been reinforced for me in books that I have enjoyed, many of which I have read over and over again.

Heading into a new year I wanted to share with you 10 books that have helped me in developing and advancing my business. Though some of them might appear by the title to be specific to a particular profession or passion please don't let that stop you from giving it a try. I found that each book on this list has principles that can be applied to whatever your interest might be.

10 Books to Help You Develop and Advance Your Business in 2016
(listed in no particular order)


  1. The Martha Rules by Martha Stewart (Rodale)
  2. Pitch Your Business Like A Pro by Victor Kwegyir (VicCor Wealth Publishing)
  3. Swimming With Sharks (10th Anniversary Edition) by Bernadette Giacomazzo & MJ Deskovic (Smashwords)
  4. Be An Icon by Kenneth Nkemnacho (Kenneth Vision Media)
  5. The ABCs of Success by Bob Proctor (Tarcher Books)
  6. Venture Mom by Holly Hurd (American Management Assoc.)
  7. Commit to Win by Heidi Reeder (Plume)
  8. The Not so Common Sense Guide For Authors by Omegia "O" Keeys (Passionate Writer Publishing)
  9. The Anatomy of Buzz by Emanuel Rosen (Currency Books)
  10. The Definitive Guide to An Unpredictable Career In Comedy by Joe Randazzo (Chronicle Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment