Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Alexa Carlin: Inspiring The Perfection Within Us All


by Cyrus Webb
 
Florida native Alexa Carlin is on a very simple mission: help everyone recognize and appreciate their particular value in the world. To some this may seem a daunting challenge, but Carlin is definitely up for it. I was first introduced to her and the Hello Perfect campaign a few months ago, and right away I knew this is someone supporters of Conversations would support.

What is the purpose of Hello Perfect? Alexa explains that its more than just a slogan. It's a movement to help people look at themselves differently and begin to walk in the greatness that they already has. She shared this message with my radio listeners on Conversations LIVE in November, and now she tells you where the idea for Hello Perfect came from, what she hopes people will get from the campaign and how you can move past fear to walk in your destiny.

When did you realize your purpose when it came to contributing something to the world?
I realized my purpose was contributing something to the world when I won the position of student body president my junior year of high school. That moment was life-changing because I had accomplished something that I never thought I would be able to do. The feelings that overcame me at that moment were so empowering that it gave me the confidence I needed, and continue to feed upon to this day, which allows me to accomplish my dreams. That experience taught me that anything is possible if you are willing to set your mind to it and have enough passion, and that is what drives me to bring about positive change in the world. I continue to have daily experiences that strengthen my need to pursue my contribution to society, but my first true glimpse of accomplishment sparked the passion within me. 


With Hello Perfect how do you hope we all begin to look at ourselves in a more positive light?
I hope that people use the message of the Hello Perfect movement to change their own definition of perfection and learn that everyone is different in their own way. Once you actually believe that and realize your own perfection,  your whole life can change. The power of confidence is limitless. 

Since this is more than a slogan but a brand as well where do you see it going?
I see this brand evolving into a movement that will make an impact in the fashion and beauty industries.  I aspire to help these industries move away from computer-altered images and advertisements because these tools elicit an unrealistic definition of the word "perfect." I want this brand to uncover the idea that there are millions of definitions of "perfect" and everyone should have their own that fits their individual characteristics, physically and internally. The media shouldn't be in charge of defining this one word for every person. Society's definition of perfection turns the word "perfect" into a hated concept, rather than one people strive to embrace. 

How can our readers find out more information about you?
Readers can learn more about me and Hello Perfect on our website, www.HelloPerfect.com. People should also "Like" our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter, @HelloPerfect. I love to hear from fans and supporters and encourage them to email me personally at Alexa@HelloPerfect.com. I will gladly help them strive to accomplish their dreams and embrace their own sense of perfection. 

What advice would you give to anyone who doesn't see themselves in the best light now but want to begin today to do so?
My advice is to take the large, scary concept of changing your self image one step at a time. If you want to start today, you need to start believing in yourself. In any opportunity that you feel scared, timid or shy, take one small step toward the direction of overcoming those feelings of self doubt. The process of changing the way you view yourself is often a life-long process but simple steps, such as raising your hand in class or approaching someone you may not normally talk to, can help boost your self esteem and slowly work your way toward realizing your perfect self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment