Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, December 2, 2011

Mary's Motivational Message: THAT DARN WEED


Last Month while watering the flowers under a large tree that sits in my front yard, I noticed a large weed nestled amongst my beautiful flowers. Normally when I spot weeds I eagerly remove them. However, on this occasion I decided on a different approach. Out of growing curiosity, I decided to continue watering and fertilizing the weed and allow for it to take its natural course. After some time had passed to my surprise, I noticed that it had blossomed into something absolutely breath taking.

So many times we fall into this dangerous habit of bestowing titles and labels. We also tend to place a value based on that title or label.  Have you ever thought about why some plants are viewed with esteem and others are deemed weeds to be discarded? Why is there a standard, who sets it, maintains it and why do we buy into it.

What I just shared may be viewed as trivial by many of you but I do believe that on so many profound levels, it is reflective of life.

Dictionary description of a weed:  "a plant considered undesirable, unattractive, or troublesome, especially one growing where it is not wanted, as in a garden."

Well, in this case that darn weed was exactly where it was meant to be, amongst the other beautiful plants.

Peace, Joy and Love to you this Holiday Season,                                                                                                                         

Mary E. Gilder, author of A Misrepresentation of Myself

www.maryegilder.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                  bookclubs.maryegilder@yahoo.com                                                                                                                                                                                 meg@maryegilder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment