Friday, June 22, 2012
Kid-Friendly Tuna Melt Tortilla: Quick & Easy
by Conversations' Resident Chef Bruce Tretter*
To make this quick & easy kid-friendly tortilla tuna melt, just add tuna salad and your favorite shredded cheese to a tortilla, and then warm the tortilla in the microwave oven for about 1 minute.
Preparation Time: 2-3 minutes
Favorite Shredded Cheese
Microwave Oven Safe Plate
1. Spread a generous layer of tuna salad down the middle of a tortilla placed on a microwave oven safe plate. Top the tuna salad with a handful of your favorite shredded cheese.
2. Fold and press the tortilla sides over the middle of the tortilla.
3. Put the plate in the middle of the microwave oven, and cook using your microwave oven 100% power or HIGH heat setting for 1 minute. NOTE: I used a 1200-watt microwave oven and cooked the tortilla shown here for 1 minute. Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave oven watt power.
4. After cooking, carefully remove the plate from the microwave oven by lifting the plate by the outer edge where it’s coolest. The tortilla is properly cooked when the cheese has melted.
* Bruce Tretter is the founder of Gotta Eat, Can't Cook (www.gotta-eat.com), a place where individuals can learn their way around the kitchen quickly and easily. He is also the host of "Quick & Easy Cooking with Bruce Tretter" on Conversations LIVE (www.conversationsliveradio.com) , co-host of the weekly show The Conversation (www.theconversationshow.com) and a regular contributor to Conversations Magazine.