Conversations Magazine August/September 2026

Conversations Magazine August/September 2026

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Actress Taylor Farrar: Living the Dream that is Meant for Her

 

by Cyrus Webb

There is a difference in saying what you want and actually doing the work to make it happen. For Taylor Farrar*, there is only one option: giving life all she has. 

I was introduced to her through the hit show DIVORCED SISTAS, and it was immediately clear that she was going to be a talent to watch. 


Taylor, first congratulations to you on all of your success. What has it been like for you to reflect on all that has happened? 

It has honestly been unbelievable in all the best ways. To finally be living out a dream and accomplishing things I have worked toward for so long feels incredibly humbling and surreal. I am so grateful for every opportunity and every person who believed in me along the way. 

At the same time, reflecting on a year like that naturally brings a little pressure. You start asking yourself if 2026 can live up to what 2025 was, but I am trying to let that turn into motivation and trust that whatever comes next will be exactly what it is meant to be. 

I said to you during our interview on Amazon LIVE that your optimism and positive outlook are contagious. What role has that played in your getting where you are today? 

My faith has been a lifeline for me. This industry asks you to sit with a lot of uncertainty, 

rejection, and waiting, and without a positive outlook it can be really easy to lose yourself or 

your love for the work. For me, choosing to stay rooted in my faith makes optimism so 

natural for me.  


Being optimistic about my future has helped me stay open, curious, and 

resilient, and I think people feel that energy. At the end of the day, I genuinely love what I 

do, and I believe that showing up with gratitude and belief, even on the hard days, has 

played a huge role in getting me to where I am. 


Many around the world—myself included—got to know you from DIVORCED 

SISTAS. What was it like for you to land that role and be a part of such a talented 

cast? 

It was truly a surreal feeling. I’m beyond grateful and excited for the opportunity. Landing 

the role of Kelli felt like a full circle moment, and stepping onto set alongside such an 

incredibly talented cast was both exciting and humbling. It’s so rewarding because I’ve 

worked so hard for this ever since I was little and for it to come true? Wow. I am pinching 

myself. Everyone on set is beyond amazing. Getting to work with everyone has been a 

dream, we all share the same craft and love for that craft, so it’s like we all share a special 

connection. 

Of course, having LeToya Luckett and Devon Franklin play my parents is so fun 

and such an honor. They are both such talented individuals, and I’ve learned so much from 

them. Watching them work, their presence, professionalism, and generosity on set pushed 

me to grow and become a better actor every single day. And being part of a project led by 

Tyler Perry is something I still have to pinch myself about. He has been nothing short of 

amazing, and learning from someone so legendary has been an experience I will carry with 

me forever. 


One of the things I loved seeing was the red carpet photos. You had this look of you were just where you belonged. Is that how it felt to you: that everything had led to that moment? 

It honestly felt indescribable. I’ve dreamed about a moment like that for so long, and 

when it finally happened it didn’t even feel real at first. There was a mix of gratitude, nerves, 

excitement, and just trying to soak up every second. But yes… in a really emotional way, it 

did feel like everything I’ve been through led to that moment. Not because I’ve “made it,” but 

because it reminded me that the dreams you carry quietly for years can come true. And I’m 

just really thankful I got to experience it. 


When did you start believing in yourself and trusting in the gift you had been 
given? 

I’d say it really started in middle school and high school when I got involved in theatre. 

That was the first time I felt like I wasn’t just hoping I had a gift. I was seeing it come to life, 

and people around me started recognizing it too. However, you don’t need validation from 

other people to believe in yourself… but I won’t lie, it’s a really rewarding feeling when 

someone sees something in you and it confirms what you’ve felt in your heart for a long 

time. That season helped me start trusting myself more, and trusting that the gift I was given 

was real and worth pursuing. 


Comparison is one of the things that can steal from the joy that comes from the 

moment. What helps you to block out the noise and stay focused on your own path? 

Honestly, it’s hard not to compare. I think it’s human to want to look around and measure 

where you are, especially in an industry like this. But I’ve had to train my mind to remember 

that comparison really is the thief of joy. 

For me, what helps is reminding myself that everyone’s timeline and calling is different, and 

what’s meant for me won’t miss me. I try to stay focused on the things I can control, like my 

growth, my work ethic, and showing up with the right heart and go-getter attitude, willing to 

learn and grow. 

I’ve also learned that when I start feeling that “noise,” it’s usually a sign I need to take a step 

back, get grounded, and remember why I started. And I try to stay grateful for what I do 

have, because I truly believe you have it for a reason. 

Importantly, I try to keep my eyes on what God has for me, because comparison makes you 

forget how far you’ve already come. 

Social media is one of the ways you’re able to stay connected with your fans. What has that experience been like for you to have people rooting for your rise in the industry? 

Wow, it is such a crazy feeling. Like… just knowing there are people out there rooting for 

me, supporting me, and celebrating the little wins with me, even though they don’t 

personally know me, is something I’ll never take for granted. It warms and melts my heart 

when I get that message saying how they love my work. You don't see the people behind 

the screen but they see you in front of theirs…. Such a rewarding feeling. 

It’s really special, and it honestly keeps me motivated. I feel so grateful because I know 

people don’t have to care, so the fact that they do means so much. I’m just thankful I get to 

share the journey with them and hopefully inspire them in some way too. 

What was it like for you to have others believe in you and want to help you win? 

A: It honestly meant everything to me. There were moments when I was still figuring it out 

and still learning to fully believe in myself, so having people around me who genuinely saw 

something in me and wanted to help me win was so encouraging. Not everyone has that. 

I’m blessed to be surrounded by my family and friends who genuinely want me to succeed. 

That just makes me me feel supported, but it also pushed me to work harder because I 

didn’t want to take that kind of belief for granted. I’m just really thankful for the people who 

have poured into me, prayed for me, and reminded me that I’m capable, even on the days I 

doubted it. 

I know you probably can’t say much, but what are you excited about that's coming up? 

I’m hoping for more opportunities, more growth, and just continuing to learn and get better with every project I’m a part of. And of course, I’m excited to see what Divorced Sistas has in store for me and where this journey goes. I’m just grateful and taking it one step at a time.  

You are now in a place to encourage others along their own path. What advice do you give for those wanting to make 2026 their year? 

Don’t give up. Seriously. If you quit, it’s already a no. But if you keep going, you’re giving 

yourself a chance for a yes. And I also want people to know this: if you think you can’t make an impact where you are right now, you’re wrong. You absolutely can. You don’t have to be “at the top” or have 

everything figured out to start walking in your purpose. 

Just stay consistent, stay hungry, keep showing up, and believe that what’s meant for you 

will find you. If you want it, go for it. This can really be your year. 

Thanks again for your time and for showing others what’s possible, Taylor. How can our 

readers stay connected with you? 

A: Thank you so much — I really appreciate it! The best way to stay connected with me is 

on Instagram @tayfarrar where I share updates and what I’m working on. 

* Photo Credit: Brittney Mullins Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment