by Cyrus Webb
All great things begin with an idea. When did you know you had a story or something given to you that you wanted to share with the world?
Honestly, I always knew from a young age. As a girl, I was very aware of how my life was unfolding and longed to be heard and understood. I believed that accepting my own story could help others accept theirs as well.
Challenges come to us all. What has helped you not to allow the challenges to stop you?
I am naturally a positive thinker, one who roots for the underdog and sees opportunity in crisis. I’ve faced numerous challenges that could have led to setbacks, but my bulldog faith in my ability to rise above adversity kept me focused on overcoming them.
The way we connect with people has changed so much over the years. How have you evolved with the popularity of social media and ways to find your audience?
The evolution of social media posed a significant challenge for me, because I have always been a private person. Posting felt like inviting people into my personal space, which was threatening. By clarifying why I was on social media, I was able to set boundaries for myself and others that aligned with my message. I choose to let my audience find me by being as authentic as possible.
There’s nothing better than knowing you have said or done something that has impacted the lives of others. What has it been like for you to hear from your audience about how you have affected them?
It’s always humbling to hear how your thoughts, words, and actions have positively impacted someone’s life. I take no credit, because each day I begin with the same prayer: Lord, use me.
Have you gotten used to the idea of being an example of what is possible when it comes to pursuing your goals and dreams?
I still struggle to give myself credit. I can be guilty of Imposter Syndrome until I pause to reflect on how far I’ve come. I’m a work in progress, and I am making progress, for which I am grateful.
I’m excited about my next book, which is in the editing process and will be published soon. I’m also excited about evolving as an author, speaker, and agent of change, and I look forward to the next chapter as I enter another decade of life!
What advice do you have for others when it comes to pursuing their own dreams?
It might seem cliché, but the path to your dreams is not linear. When detours appear along the way, remember that each twist and turn offers new lessons.
It's been great getting to know you, Sharon. Excited about what's to come. How can our audience stay connected with you?
IG and YouTube– smf.counseling
FaceBook and LinkedIn – Sharon Matthews Fortune, LPC, CSAC
Get THE TRUTH ABOUT THE LIES on Amazon.

No comments:
Post a Comment