This very quick & easy fresh salad dressing requires only 5 ingredients, a teaspoon and a 16-ounce jar with a snug fitting lid. The only salt and sugar in this recipe come from mustard, which therefore makes the dressing low in both sodium and sugar, though please do check the ingredients you use to make sure they comply safely if you are on a sodium and/or sugar restricted diet.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes or less
(to make 16 ounces)
1 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder 1/2 - 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper 3 Teaspoons Mustard 8 Ounces Vinegar
8 Ounces Olive, Vegetable or Canola Oil
16 Ounce Jar with Lid
1. Add the following to a jar:
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 teaspoons mustard
2. Pour enough vinegar to fill the jar about half way full.
3. Fill the jar the rest of the way with olive or canola oil making sure to leave enough air space at the top of jar so that the dressing can be shaken.
4. Screw the lid on the jar snuggly so that the jar won’t leak. Hold the jar firmly and securely with two hands, and give the jar a vigorous shake, preferably over the sink in case the jar leaks. Shake for 10-15 seconds until the dressing is uniformly mixed together.
5. Use the dressing on salad as is. Store the remaining dressing in a closed jar for at least 1-2 weeks. Just give it a quick shake when you’re ready to use it again.