Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, March 8, 2013

ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS THAT MAKE YOU SAY… WOW


Several months ago, I had one of those moments that make you say WOW. This moment occurred while sitting in a meeting observing two individuals share their apposing perspectives on various intricate issues. Their unresolved conflict was of a serious nature and its’ impact was felt by all in attendance.

Both individuals held strong in their stance and truly believed that they were “right” and the other “wrong”
.
Having maintained a clear understanding of each perspective, I knew without doubt each shared a responsibility in the conflict, even if each failed to recognize their contribution.

The aftermath challenged me to assess my own perceptions as they pertain to the stance I hold on various issues. In addition, I was inclined to assess the various times I misread, assumed or overreacted based on a false reality.

Many of you reading this issue’s message have been guilty of creating a false since of reality; a reality whose sole evolution was to aid in the maintaining of a distorted sense of self.

As you move into the New Year, I believe it to be vital that you invest in building a relationship with yourself. Set aside selfish time; time that will allow for you to connect with your true self and not a distortion.

I encourage you to pull back layers and reexamine who you truly are. You can start this process with asking yourself the following:
- Who am I?
- Do I truly know the person I proclaim to be?
- Are my words and actions in alignment with my values and beliefs?

It’s amazing how in the mist of ciaos, you can have a WOW moment and be challenged to revisit and challenge the soul of the person you proclaim to be.

                                                                                                                                                                        Love, Peace and Joy,                                                                                                                                                                                       Mary E. Gilder-Author                                                                                                                                                                          

Mary E. Gilder is the author of the award winning novel, A Misrepresentation of Myself. Mary Can be contacted at bookclubs.maryegilder@yahoo.com, meg@maryegilder.com or visit her website at maryegilder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment