Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Sunday, May 5, 2013

LETTER FROM THE EDITOR: A New You...NOW

I think we can all agree that we live in a world where we expect things quick, fast and in a hurry.

Technology has opened up the world to us in a way that many some 25 years ago couldn't have imagined, and with that comes added pressure to keep up. I've felt it, and I know you have as well. You don't want to be left behind, but how do you stay true to yourself in the process?

In this issue of Conversations Magazine I have the privilege of sharing some powerful examples of how to do just that. The very idea of Change evokes an evolution, and though it might take time we can begin to start today becoming what we want and going for what we want. 

Many of you made resolutions at the end of 2012 or the beginning of this year about what you wanted for yourself. Did you become discouraged and give up on the idea that you can be a better person? If so, I hope the individuals profiled here will show you the value of getting up when you've been knocked down and not to be defined by a perceived failure.

This issue speaks to me as well. I know what  it's like to enjoy the highs of life but I am not immune to the lows,either. Just a few years ago I wondered if it was all worth it. When I realized that I was judging success on what others thought instead of my own personal beliefs it become clear what I need to do in order to move forward. I had to renew my belief in myself and why I was here. As an individual of faith I have come to realize that God created everything for a purpose. That purpose is not for others to always understand, but it is one that we have to be able to embrace in order to see it work in our behalf.

As you look at yourself as you read this issue of Conversations I hope you will ask yourself how can I begin anew right now? That question will help you in embracing who you are and more importantly who you were created to be.

Want to share your thoughts with me about how you are becoming a new creature? Drop me a line at cawebb4@juno.com. I would love to hear from you.

Until next time, happy reading!





Cyrus Webb, Editor-In-Chief
Conversations Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment