Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, March 16, 2012

Renegade Foxxx: Standing In Confidence, Shining By Faith


by Cyrus Webb

He has the kind of public persona and presence that individuals in the music business would want: working with respected artist like Pitbull, Trina and Mya, having over 300k fans on Facebook, over 49k followers on Twitter and his views of his videos on Youtube are over 609k, however, those numbers do not define the man we have come to know as Renegade Foxxx. He's an individual that has learned the hard way the value of using each day to its benefit, not knowing what tomorrow might bring.

I think the listeners to my radio interview with him on Conversations LIVE were surprised when I asked him when did he know that it would be music that he would use to speak to the world. I have to admit I was a little taken aback as well. His answer was two words: "In prison."

Renegade knew before then that he had a gift but he admitted to being afraid of it and what it would mean initially. It wasn't until he was locked up that he knew that as someone who didn't like to work for anyone he was going to take control of his life and do what it took to be the boss.

The result has been the Renegade Foxxx brand. He is doing what he loves and what others are responding to. "It feels good to have people hear and love my music," he told me. But there is more to what he is doing today than just pursuing a career. "My plan is to reach alot of kids. I want to help alot of people. It's not about the money I make for himself. It's more about what I can do to help others."


What is it that makes him different than just another artist trying to be seen and heard. Renegade says that he was living his dream but there came a point when he had "an awakening" that "just opened up" his eyes and changed his whole style of music. With this new appreciation for what he could do, he told me that it was like learning the music business all over again.

The song that has been blazing the internet currently is "Drinkin' The Night Away", which is ironic because Renegade told the listeners and me on the radio that he doesn't drink. The tagline that sticks out from the song is his proclaiming "I am the man. I am the man." Because of this I asked him where does his confidence in his music and himself come from. The answer is something that I think all of us can glean something from: "When I came home from prison I went through alot of challenges including being homeless, but I believed in myself and what I can do. That is what I tell everyone. You can do it. Whatever you want to do, if you put your mind to it you can accomplish it. The biggest people that will hate on you will be those that you know. If you can get past them, you can teach the whole world to love you."

What an amazing lesson! For Renegade it goes deeper. I asked him what would he say to individuals who have a dream and are wondering if they are going to be success. He shared this: "We all have a gift. Keep your head up, have faith in yourself and don't care about what others think. The odds might be against you, but you can do it."

For more information about Renegade visit http://renegade.tv/.

No comments:

Post a Comment