Sunday, September 16, 2012
Bruce Tretter Presents...Kid-Safe Tortilla Pizza
Here’s a quick and easy tortilla pizza my then 10 year old daughter taught me years ago that kids can make on their own safely for either a snack, lunch or dinner.
Preparation Time: 1 minute
Cooking Time: about 45 seconds
Favorite Tomato Sauce
Grated (or sliced) Mozzarella Cheese
Favorite Pizza Topping
Microwave Oven Safe Plate
Potholder or Folded Dishtowel (not really necessary because plate won’t get that hot)
1. Lay a tortilla on a microwave oven safe plate, and use a tablespoon to spread a thin, even layer of tomato sauce over the entire tortilla.
2. Cover the sauce with grated cheese and either leave it as is or top half the cheese with your favorite pizza topping.
3. Quickly and carefully fold the tortilla in half.
4. Put the tortilla pizza in the middle of the microwave oven, and cook using HIGH heat or 100% power for 45 seconds. NOTE: Cooking time may vary depending on microwave watt output power.
5. Use a potholder or folded dishtowel, if needed, to remove the cooked tortilla pizza from the microwave oven. The tortilla pizza is done when the cheese has melted.
6. Use a table knife to cut the tortilla pizza into 2-4 pieces and serve warm.
For visual help with this recipe, you can go to the Gotta’ Eat, Can’t Cook website at www.gotta-eat.com. Just click the “recipe menu” tab from the banner in the middle of the homepage. Click “Kid Friendly Recipes”. Then click the picture of “Tortilla Pizza” to download the step-by-step picture book recipe all entirely for free.