Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Brian Cooks: Enjoying the Benefits of Hard Work, Dedication and Faith

by Cyrus Webb

It's been a crazy couple of years for 27 year old model/actor/fitness trainer Brian Cooks. He is not just living his own dreams but showing others by example what is possible with hard work, dedication and faith.

"Seeing how everything is unfolding is mind-blowing," says Cooks. "I spoke out on my dreams, had the faith and did the work." And that work is definitely paying off in a big way.

This year he has already participated in his second competition and is gearing up for the Mr. United States Pageant where he will be competing as Mr. South Carolina. He told me that he is "nervous but excited" about the opportunities coming his way.

When asked how he has been able to stay focused, Brian says "I always had the mentality not to stop until I get what I wanted. Perseverance is what has kept me going." That perseverance and confidence has helped him not just in his own life but as he has been able to help others as well.

At the end of 2016 he took to social media to announce the latest accomplishment in what's been an amazing year for him: being featured as part of the Weight 2 Wear apparel campaign. Cooks told Conversations Magazine that he entered a competition by Krave Magazine which led to the honor. “It feels very good," he said. "I'm now a published model. I know this is going to open up so many opportunities for me. I'm excited to see what is going to happen next.”

The Hartsville, SC native now calls Shreveport, LA home.  His advice for anyone out there looking to see their dreams come true? "Put God first will open so many doors for you," he says, and adds: "Patience is key."

Stay connected with Brian's journey on social media below:
www.instagram.com/thebriancooks
www.twitter.com/thebriancooks


No comments:

Post a Comment