Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Keith Sweat: Celebrating a Musical Legacy that Will Last Forever

On Tuesday, January 17th R&B legend Keith Sweat began a new chapter in his award-winning career: a residency at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. The singer who has brought the world great songs like MAKE IT LAST FOREVER, TWISTED, HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE and NOBODY will be able to spend time with his fans, sharing music that they have come to enjoy for almost 3 decades.

"I helped a lot of people grow in terms of their relationships and growing up with me musically," Keith Sweat told Conversations' Cyrus Webb during a recent interview. "A lot of people don't get that opportunity."

With the songs that he has released have also come powerful stories and videos that have seem to connect with the listener, bringing them into each verse. Sweat says it's easy for him to do the videos because "I have it in my mind when I'm in the studio."

Outside of releasing music, Keith Sweat has also taken to the airwaves as a radio personality and the other of a book about relationships. All of which have been eagerly welcomed by his male and female fans. "I can't really say I'm the doctor of love," he told Webb with a life. What he does say is that he tries to let his audience know that when it comes to relationships "it takes time and it take understanding because no two people are the same." He also added "Every relationship takes work and needs work," and both parties have to be willing to do the work necessary for it to last.

Along with helping others appreciate what it takes to make a relationship last, as he celebrates his 30the anniversary in a competitive industry Keith Sweat is showing other artists what it takes to have longevity. "It's great to be the godfather for other artists," he told Webb. Talking about those who have been inspired by him he says it shows other artists that they can have just as long of a career. "The key to it all is to stay ahead and do as well as you can musically," he says. "For me to open doors for other artists and them to appreciate that means a lot."

Regarding his Vegas residency, Keith has called it the "second act" of his career. When asked to elaborate on that he told Webb: "I've done everything else. When you're going into a whole new arena it creates another journey. Going into Vegas for the first time in the residency is like going to Broadway. It's a new step in my career. It's a new platform that I have to step on. I've learned a long time ago that anything worth having is worth working for. I'm hoping this is something that my fans will be glad I have done."

Stay connected with Keith at www.keithsweat.com.

Listen to Keith Sweat's entire interview with Conversations' Cyrus Webb below:


No comments:

Post a Comment