Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Monday, June 10, 2019

Actress Jillian Ferry: Stepping Out in Confidence

by Cyrus Webb

Without a doubt the show Bronx SIU has been one of the surprise hit programs for UMC, and for viewers it gives us not just another glimpse of crime fighting but the people involved. One of the individuals I had the opportunity to interview from the cast was Jillian Ferry. 

We met together in Los Angeles and discussed the show and her own journey to pursuing her goals with confidence.

Jillian, what was it like for you to be a part of this talented cast that makes up Bronx SIU?
It was everything for me. This is my first big, professional gig, and I see it as such a gift. I have definitely learned a lot.

Is that one of the things that you love about acting, the learning?
Yes. I love acting because I am able to wear a bunch of different hats and be different characters. I love being able to go into that world with them. It's all about the storytelling. It's the most valuable thing in society today. When you are telling people's stories this is how change happens and things get recognized. It's an honor and something that I hold close to my heart. I want to tell good stories.

And what was it like for you to tell stories as part of the Bronx SIU cast?
Everyone was really someone I could look up to. I was with all of these seasoned actors. They were so loving. I got the opportunity to sit back and observe how they go through the process. Was a lot of fun.

It's great you have had the courage to follow your dreams, Jillian. Where does that come from? 
It definitely comes from the support of my family and friends. They just want me to do whatever makes me happy. That is a foundation. Having that confidence means a lot. For me I just want to look back at my life and be able to say I gave it a try. I decided I would rather look back and say I gave myself the opportunity and I tried rather than not trying at all. Not trying would be the biggest regret. That keeps me going.

Social media is one of the ways that the cast and you have been able to keep the fans engaged. What has that been like for you?
Social media it's a catch 22. It has the potential to be an amazing tool. I think for me that's what I want to use it for: to promote stories I believe in. I also want to use it for Bronx SIU, showing the awesome, diverse, female-heavy cast we have. I want to use my platform to show these projects exist, and you should watch them.

I'm excited about what's to come for Jillian in the future. Make sure you all are following her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/jillian_ferry or her official website at www.jillianferry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment