Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Sunday, October 17, 2021

[To You, From Me] Navigating the New Normal

If  the last 18 months have taught us anything it is to expect the unexpected. 

For many people it's included a loss in employment and security. For others even a loss in life. We all know someone who has been impacted by the events of this year, but the question remains: What will it all mean?

There are those who are using this as a reset for themselves, an opportunity to realize what they want to do and may be able to do moving forward. For others they are picking up the pieces and trying to make sense of where they are and what to do next. This is even true for myself. 

Believe it or not, I actually thought this might be my last letter to you as Editor-In-Chief. After being presented with an offer to sell the magazine I began in my mother's living room in 2006, I eventually made the decision that I could not give up something that meant so much to me. Even in the face of uncertainty I knew I had to continue to guide this ship. 

In this issue of Conversations Magazine we wanted to remind you of one thing: No matter what this 'new normal' has done to you don't allow it to stop you! Those profiled in this issue could have allowed their lives to be paralyzed by the uncertainty of it all. The truth is, though, they have realized how to use what is at their disposal and keep going.

Whether we are talking about the Coronavirus pandemic or the racial unrest and conversations about inequality, what all of us have in common is the ability to put one foot in front of the other and keep making strides in the right direction. It doesn't mean you are going to move as quickly as you would like or even in the direction you initially thought was right for you. What it does mean is that you are determined to figure it out.

Want to share with me how you are navigating the new normal? Feel free to reach out to me at cawebb4@juno.com. Would love to hear your stories.

Until next time, Happy Reading!





Cyrus Webb, Editor-In-Chief
Conversations Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment