Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, April 1, 2011

KRIS KING: Using Her Life Experiences To Give Our Heart Wings

by Cyrus Webb
(This interview appears in the March/April 2011 issue of Conversations Magazine.)


For me there have been few individuals that I have met through Conversations that have impacted me like Kris King. She has used her love for life and personal experiences to motivate people around the world. In the process she has built a business that is committed to helping individuals like you and I live the life we were destined for.

This conversation takes you into who she is and what she hopes you take away from the remarkable journey that has been her life.


Kris, you are long-time friend now of Conversations, and it's an honor to share with you again. For our readers that are just finding out about you for the first time, I want to start off by talking with you about strength. For some, it is all they can do to just get through the day. Out of the challenges and triumphs you have experienced over the years, where do you believe your personal strength comes from?
What a thought provoking question! I believe my parents played a huge role in me believing that I am capable and can handle whatever is presented to be by life. My Mom used to say, "Kristine, if a human being can do it, you can do it. How well you do it is up to you!" I learned discipline and focus through ballet, piano and voice lessons. My Dad was an artist at heart and taught me perspective, how to draw, balance and composition...how to see deeply and be hungry to know what something is rather than what someone else tells me it is.

Another important contributor is my faith. It's in my bones, Sunday School, Choir, teaching Sunday School. I wrote letters to God when I was a kid and pinned them to the roof of the house so he could read them. As long as I can remember, I have believed in a divine power of love and creation. I draw on that strength everyday. When Matthew died I was shattered, but not broken. My faith pulled me through.
Also, I have had the honor of working with over 35,000 people in my 25 years of being in business. I am constantly in the presence of people awakening to their strength and capabilities, so I am constantly reminded of my own. I have the best job!


Your book MY HEART HAS WINGS came into my life almost 2 years ago, and the message seems just as relevant and inspiring as though it was just written yesterday. How has it been for you knowing that something you were a part of is having a real affect on people all over the world?
I am thrilled watching the number of countries that watch my blog (www.krisking.org/blog ) grow. A year and half ago it was 1 country and now it is up to 78. Russia, Brazil, Japan...it is amazing to me that people can hear my voice, read a chapter or watch a video. My hope is that my words touch them and remind them to take ownership of their lives and live their dreams

One of the reasons I believe your message has been so powerful, Kris, is that you write and share from such a personal, intimate place. Was that an easy decision for you to make?
One of the reasons it took me so long to publish was that I didn't know how my personal sharing would affect others. Would it be too much for them? It took knowing my Mom was dying to get me to finish so she could read it. She loved it through and through. Not just because I am her daughter, but because it touched her, moved her emotionally. That was my cue to let it be published. Now the feedback I get about the positive impact reading My Heart Has Wings has on people fills my heart.

When you look at the challenges that you have come out of and had to endure over the years, do you think they prepared you for the work you are doing now in helping others to live and enjoy their best lives everyday?
YES, YES and double YES! Surviving breast cancer...almost 32 years...rebuilding my marriage, the death of my son, being in business in the best and the worst of times, all have assisted me to honor people's lives 100% and assist them to find meaning and joy in every single day. I have no idea how long I will be here and I want everyday to be a day of loving life through and through.

For me, one of the things you did and encourage in the book is the importance of reflection and journaling about the events of our lives. Since there are so many things going on that bring us down, why do you think this is away to help in the building up not just of ourselves but those around us?
Taking quiet time every day to be present and grateful for what we do have instead of what we don't have is a key to living a fulfilling life. So many people are stuck in patterns of behavior that do not serve them and don't know how to get out. That is so painful! Being present with yourself for just 5-10 minutes a day, taking ownership of your life and choices, asking what do I want to create today, what am I grateful for, what do I want to contribute, open our vision to the day we want to live rather than one we think we have to endure.

Whether you are doing a seminar or sharing thoughts from your book, what do you see as your purpose in life, Kris?
I believe my first contribution is my state of being, the way I move through my world. You know you can see someone and want to get to know them by how they are being and there are people you want to get away from...that's what I mean by state of being. My purpose is to BE my best self, authentic, compassionate, inspired and spirit filled. And from the state of being my vision for my life is to teach, be a catalyst of positive change, inviting and evoking the best in people, creating the world we all want to live in.

Any advice you have for individuals that are dealing with the stresses of life and don't seem to see a way out right now?
Cyrus, you are very good at this! First, stop whatever you are doing and breathe, just be still for 5 minutes, no distractions. While you are breathing, think about what you are grateful for. This may be be hard at first because so many are focused on what's wrong. Shift your thoughts to what you do have and what is important to you. Then go do something kind for someone else without expecting something in return...be generous with your kindness. Go for a walk and look at the miracle we are part of, read a good book...do something different than you are doing now and you will create a different result.

Thanks again for all that you are doing, Kris. How can our readers get in contact with you and find out more about the services and events you are offering?
My blog, Krisking.org/blog is a place to go when you want to be inspired and learn life skills. Wings-seminars.com is the place to go to find out about the seminar work I do and my personal email is Kris@wings-seminars.com if you want to contact me personally.

I will close with my favorite question...What if your real job is to live an extraordinary life?

No comments:

Post a Comment