Click below to order Conversations' 25 Women Changing the World 2024

Click below to order Conversations' 25 Women Changing the World 2024
Click above to order your copy on Amazon for $8.99!

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

[AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT] Angel Davis, author of SOMETHING LIKE HOME

 


by Cyrus Webb 

There is nothing like seeing someone's dream come true. 

When Angel Davis first told me about her desire to write a book, I was excited to embark on the journey with her. What we were able to create is inspired by her own life and experiences but is something that can be related to by women (and even some men) no matter where they might live. 

I am so proud of Angel, and this is only the beginning of her writing success. 

Angel, thanks for allowing Conversations to be your first interview about your book SOMETHING LIKE HOME. How does it feel to have your first book published and available for the world to read?

First of all thank you Cyrus for having me and for your help with the book. I am a very private person, so I am still trying to process it all.  I normally lay low in the background. Being in the forefront is new to me, but I am embracing the challenge. 

I totally understand that. When did you realize that writing was something you were interested in?

Reading and writing have always been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. However, I did not start thinking about being an author until I was in my teens.

Who were some of the authors you have enjoyed reading?

I enjoy Treasure Blue, ReShonda Tate, Tyler Perry, Terry Mc Million, Toni Morrison and Maya Angelou,

Tell our readers about your first book SOMETHING LIKE HOME.

Something Like Home is about Angel, a girl who grew up fast, loved hard and was looking for a semblance of normalcy and love. What she found was pain, betrayal and hopelessness. Can she get back to a place she can call her own? That is what readers will discover as they read the book. 

You have already started hearing from readers. What has it been like to see their response to the book?

It feels great. It also proved a point that I have been making.  This is a great book. I am not just saying that because I wrote it. It is a great read according to the feedback I have received from my readers.

 What advice do you have for aspiring writers out there when it comes to pursuing their goals and dreams?

No matter what it is that you want to achieve in life, just do it. Age ain’t nothing but a number. I believe in you, and I am rooting for you.

Congrats again, Angel. How can our audience stay connected with you?

Thank you again for the opportunity. My email is angeldavis15@aol.com. I am on Instagram at @angeleyez_davis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/angeleyez4u2c

No comments:

Post a Comment