Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Recording artist Stephen B. Steward: Growing From Greatness

by Cyrus Webb

When you are clear about your purpose and why you are here it's difficult to keep that to yourself. Just ask singer/songwriter Stephen B. Steward. With over over 100 songs of worship written and a new album coming out in early 2013, he has been sharing not only his God-given gift but the message of the Gospel as well.
"It's been a very special experience for me," Steward told me during our conversation. "I find great joy in sharing God's word." It is something that has been with him for some time. "Sharing was gifted to me as a child. Once I realized the gift of writing that God had given me, I began to share it. Right now I just want the world to know that God speaks to me through songs."

Though the source of his gift is known, one thing that I admired about Steward was that he understood the importance of humility in using it. "I think that the gift of humility is a lost art today," he told me. "I come from humble beginnings, and I know where the Lord has brought me from. I believe that just being humble enough to say that these songs do not come from me puts the focus where it belongs. Once we stay humble before God He feeds us more."

Because people are watching and the word is spreading I was curious as to how the singer/songwriter deals with the pressure that comes with being in the public eye. "It's been a process of growing into it," he says. "I'm going from one realm of glory in God to another, maximizing my potential. I am learning in every realm that God leads me into."

As singles from his upcoming album ENTER YOUR GATES are released, Steward wants the listener to hear more than good music. He wants you to get the message, too. "The important thing to remember is that Jesus said that he would never leave us or forsake us," he says. "When these songs speak to you it is the spirit of God speaking to you. I want these songs to be heard so that there will be healing, that deliverance can take place, and to give people hope."

Stephen B. Steward's message to you is this: "We can depend on God to be faithful. If we depend on Him He will definitely bring us through any circumstances that we encounter in our lives. All we have to do is trust in Him."

Keep up with Stephen and his upcoming projects by visiting his website www.stephenbsteward.com

No comments:

Post a Comment