Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, March 8, 2013

Celebrating the BEST of YOU

by Cyrus Webb

With a new year there can be the pressure to change something about yourself in order to be better. That "something" is different for everyone, but I think most agree that you don't want to go into tomorrow the same as you were yesterday.

I have been guilty in the past of trying to set resolutions for myself and my life. I'm not alone in doing it or dealing with the disappointment that comes when you fall short, but I have learned a better way.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't set goals. Goals can be very helpful in getting you to the next level in life. What I am saying is that you can't let what hasn't been attained stop you from appreciating the YOU that exists today and what can still be in the future.

In this issue of Conversations Magazine you have seen how individuals have been able to bring their best self forward. It's not always easy to do--and you might very well be your own worst critic---but being the best you is still the only way to go. Why? Because you were created to be an individual. There is really no one who can take your place, so there is no need to try to meet anyone else's standard when it comes to who you should be.

This took me some time to appreciate, but when I finally go it, my life literally changed forever. I haven't been the same. I approach each and every day thinking of why I am here and what I can do to leave an imprint on the world. That is the only thing we can do. No matter how much we try, we can never be any one but ourselves. Why not make that experience here on earth the best it can be.

Trust me, you will be a better person by doing so.

What is your own personal best? Conversations wants to hear about it! Email me at cawebb4@juno.com to share your own story of celebrating the best of who you are. We would love to celebrate with you and share your story with our readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment