Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Actress & Media Personality Tammi Mac: Finding Success on Her Own Path

by Cyrus Webb

"My God-given gift is to tell stories." ~ Tammi Mac

When Lisa Chance of Kyle Avery PR asked me about having a conversation with Tammi Mac, I jumped at the chance. She is an individual that has not just found success on television and the screen but through media platforms as well. We were scheduled to talk about her new play BAG LADY, but of course I had to find out more about how Tammi became the success story that she has, and that took us all the way back to her beginnings.

When talking about the creative process she tells me "It is an amazing feeling to have an idea and then you put it on paper, and then it comes off the page and it's in motion. It's in existence."

Here are the highlights from our conversation...

TAMMI MAC ON HER CAREER:
"It's been humbling experience to see people respond to the work that I've done. I don't take that into consideration a lot because I am so focused on the work that the reaction never really hits me."

TAMMI MAC ON WHAT GUIDES HER:
"I wear my heart on my sleeve. Typically when I do something I am led to do it either by God or by my heart through God. That is usually my green light. If I feel like this is something I should do not for me but for someone else then that is how I take on projects.

"When I first got to Hollywood it was all about me. It wasn't until I was trying to figure out what I could do for me to help my career that God set me down and said 'It's not going to work for you unless you allow it and use what you have for other people,too. Stop thinking about you and things will begin to transform.'

TAMMIE MAC ON WHAT IS POSSIBLE FOR HER:
"I've been told all my life that I could make it. I have a very supportive family. I've never been told that I could not do something. My family has always been the ones to say 'Do what you do.'

"People tell me I'm a celebrity, but I don't see that at all. I don't feel like a celebrity. I don't live like a celebrity. That is something that I probably will never get used to."

TAMMI MAC ON THE INSPIRATION FOR BAG LADY:
"My best friend and I were on a flight and going back and forth about the men who had dogged us out. We were laughing and joking about everything and then stopped and said it's funny but it's not really funny. Why did we keep ending up in these situations? It's because of  baggage, something that you are carrying with you and lives with you and inside of you. The message is to drop the baggage and let go of the past. It's time out for saying how it's hindering us and time to take a look at ourselves and say what is it about me that is keeping me from a life that is positively fulfilled. It's about not bad men but bad decisions because of your baggage."

TAMMI MAC'S NON-ADVICE ADVICE FOR OTHERS:
"I make it a point not to tell advice. I say it's not necessary: You already have what you need. We look to others for what we need when there is no secret. When we look inside ourselves and what we bring to the table, we get a lot further. Take your own path. Choose your own road."

To stay connected with what's next on Tammi's path connect with her at www.tammimac.com. You can also find her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mstammimac.

No comments:

Post a Comment