Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, September 7, 2018

Author Coralyn Jones shares how we can LEAP

by Cyrus Webb

At 19 years old Coralyn Jones saw a dream of hers become a reality: becoming a published author. Her book LEAP is all about taking chances, and it's something the author knows about quite well. Before the book's release she had been making a name for herself in dance. Now with LEAP she is able to merge her love of empowering others and movement into one project.

I was introduced to Coralyn through social media, and instantly went to Amazon to purchase the book. Since then we have had a chance to meet in person and she's been my guest for both Conversations LIVE the radio show and my web-series Cyrus Webb Presents. It all comes together in this conversation for the magazine, one that I think will inspire people of all ages.

Coralyn, thanks so much for the time. First of all how does it feel to have released your first book and to sel over 100 copies in the first week?
It's very exciting. I'm more determined as to what I can do. The idea for the book started when I went to college. I always talked about it, and my mom motivated me. I had to make the decision to do it and I did!

Did you always know that it was going to be a book that everyone would benefit from?
No I didn't! At first I was going towards the younger age. I was trying to be an inspiration to younger people just to motivate them to stay on the right track. To know it is inspiring others is a great thing.

What do you want others to know about their own goals and dreams?
I want to be an inspiration to others. I want them to stay positive and stay committed. When I think of what I've done to get to this point it gives me chills. You have to work for what you want and you have to keep going. Everyone has their own definition of success. Find yours and go for it! Even when difficult times come try to keep going. I know I have goals I want to pursue. I want to keep those goals going. If I work hard I know I can do it, and so can you.

Get LEAP on Amazon.com.
_____________________________________________________________

Cyrus Webb's Review of LEAP

In LEAP! award-winning dancer and author Coralyn Jones shares not just advice for those who want to make it in dance but also in life. Building on words like Purpose, Faith, Dream and Persistence she shares a story that will have you evaluating what you want and what you're willing to do in order to get it.

Winning is not just for a few, and even the idea of winning is different for everyone. No matter what your goal, Coralyn shares that it's something that is within your power---if you're willing to take the LEAP.

"It's deep inside," she writes. "You know it. You can be it. Who you're meant to be is more than just a feeling. You have purpose. It shows, and he world needs your flow."

That last line is so important. We have been given something that the world needs, but it's up to us to share it. Let go of the fear. Don't be afraid to dream. Take the leap. You never know what you can accomplish until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment