Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, September 7, 2018

PROFILE: Author David Lorenzo Glover, the Controversial Counselor

by Cyrus Webb

Everyone knows I love a great conversation, and I think one of the most powerful thing any of us can do is get people to talking about issues and looking at different perspectives. An individual that I had a chance to chat with this year who is doing just that is author/media personality David Lorenzo Glover, known to his follows as the Controversial Counselor.

After reading his book Cocktail Conversations by the Controversial Counselor we had a chance to discuss not just what led to it, but what he hopes to accomplish.

DAVID ON BECOMING 'THE CONTROVERSIAL COUNSELOR':
"It's been tremendous. As a school counselor I am pretty laid back and quiet, really not that outspoken. Being able to use this platform has helped me. For the people who knew me they knew I always had it in me to stir the pot. I wanted to come up with a catchy name, and make people feel a little uncomfortable. Being a counselor I have the background knowledge to give my assessment."

Thus The Controversial Counselor was born.

DAVID ON THE TOPICS HE DISCUSSES:
"I give scenarios, invite feedback and then give an assessment. I know it's not always easy to voice one's opinion but I give the platform to do so.

"Even within the book it was more really trying to hit individuals on the head. I want to try and make [people] understand that these things are going on.

"What surprised me the most are some of the responses. It makes you understand that we all can be looking at the same situation but have different opinions about it.

DAVID ON HIS GOAL AS 'THE CONTROVERSIAL COUNSELOR:
"The ultimate goal has to be to have that hunger and that there's more to do. Sometimes you have to scale down certain things to ultimately get where you're going. I want to be on platforms to talk about my painful childhood.. When you go through certain things you have to have a creative imagination to get through it. Certain things can drag you down. I was fortunate that I had good family support and a dream."

It is that dream that is now helping David to reach people around the world.

Stay connected with 'The Controversial Counselor online at www.controversialcounselor.com as well as on social media, including Facebook, www.instagram.com/david.glover.7712 and  www.twitter.com/dglovecc2.


No comments:

Post a Comment