Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Model Rasheed Bey: Walking by Faith, Preparing for the Future

by Cyrus Webb

Model Rasheed Bey* and I first connected in 2017 when he appeared as a guest on Conversations LIVE radio show. Since then we have stayed connected on Instagram, and it's been great watching his journey.

Month after month, year after year, the Pittsburgh, PA native has pushed forward and been able to build his audience and brand along the way. This year we are able to profile his path in our publication. 


Rasheed, it’s been great seeing you grow on Instagram with your journey. When did you first realize that you were interested in modeling?
Thank you for the opportunity. I was probably in my mid-twenties. I kept hearing people's comments or asking if I model. When I told them I didn't they would say I should pursue it. After a while I thought I'd give it a shot. Now here we are.

Confidence is huge in your industry. Is that something you’ve always had or is it something you’ve developed over time?
Confidence is something I have, but if I'm being honest with you I still struggle with it here and there. I'm human like everyone else, and it's something I have to deal with from time to time.

How did you decide on Instagram as the platform you were going to use to grow your audience?
Instagram was a app that was fun before anything and easy to use. As social media outlets grew Instagram always seemed to stay ahead of the pack, and others like it came and went. To me it was also an app I personally enjoyed using the most, so I stuck with it.

Rasheed, we’re navigating uncertain times right now. What keeps you motivated?
I would say always wanting more. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of my potential, and I feel like things are starting to come my way. That in itself is very exciting and keeps me motivated to keep working.

As far as goals go what are you looking forward to when it comes to your modeling career?
To hopefully be able to make a good living doing something I truly love and enjoy. I also want to be able to work with brands and like-minded people who enjoy what I do and hopefully motivate others.

We’re glad to have you in our Acting on Faith issue. How has your faith kept you going?
Faith is always key, and I try to always keep that in mind no matter what. Even if this wasn't going on with the pandemic myself and others would still have hard times. At the end of the day you still need faith to help you get through any day, good or bad.

Speaking of acting, is that something you would also like to explore?
I'd love to do some acting if it came my way. I've always been a huge movie buff and think it's one of the best jobs out there to be able to entertain others. It would also be cool to be someone else for fun and get paid doing it.

Any advice for anyone out there who is interested in pursuing modeling?
I would say know your strengths and always have faith in yourself. Also use yourself to promote yourself, because no one will believe in you more then yourself .

Thanks again for the time, Rasheed. How can our audience stay connected with you? 
The easiest way, of course, is my instagram @sonofprime412. Thank you for the opportunity.

*     Photographed by Devin Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment