Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

GIFTED BY DESIGN: Liz Fields


Name of designer/ line: Liz Fields

Year Est.: 2009

Specialty: Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaids Dresses, Prom Dresses and Social Occasion Gowns

When did you realize that your journey in life was leading you to fashion? I grew up around the special occasion industry, but was originally headed toward the medical field.  I was given an opportunity, while in college, to work abroad in Kazakhstan in the Costume Department of a major motion picture alongside award winner designers such as Merit Allen and Michael O'Conner.  This experience was the catalyst in my changing career paths.

As you have pursued your vision and your goals how have you stayed motivated and kept your eye on the prize?  Patience is definitely something I struggle with as I have really high expectations for myself and my company.  However, seeing the reactions I get from customers, the growth of our fan base and customer base and seeing my hard work pay off is what keeps me motivated.  The women who send me gorgeous photos of themselves in my gowns are the reason I keep getting out of bed every morning and continue to work so hard at making my business a success.

Fashion is able to do different things for different people. When someone wears one of your pieces or designs what do you hope they feel?  I hope they feel like a woman.  Femininity is something so many women struggle with these days as so many of us work so hard in our careers, in our relationships, at home and while we have to be all things to all people it is difficult to always feel beautiful and sexy.  I hope that when a women puts on one of my gowns, she feels like the most gorgeous, sexy woman in the world!

What advice would you give to anyone reading this that is looking for a word of advice about following their own dreams? Follow your heart, expect to work harder than you ever have at anything, and don't expect it to be easy...but don't EVER give up. 

Find out more information about Liz Fields at www.LizFields.com. You can also find her on Facebook.com @ www.facebook.com/lizfieldsdesigns and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/byLizFields.

No comments:

Post a Comment