Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, July 26, 2013

Mob Wives Chicago's Nora Schweihs: Enjoying Her Own Reality

by Cyrus Webb

I think for individuals around the world reality television has become almost an insatiable guilty pleasure. No matter what your interest, there is something out there that seems to cater to it. I have to admit that I have fallen for the competitive shows like Project Runway, Top Chef and even  more recently Face Off, but for others it is the inside look of the world's elite and notables that has them glued to their television night after night.

When I first learned of the show Mob Wives Chicago I wasn't sure what to expect, except for the obvious. What I wasn't thinking about, however, was discovering someone like Nora Schweihs. She was not a mob wife, but someone who was defined by the alleged actions of her father.

During our conversation I asked her what it was like to be a part of the reality show experience, allowing people to get a glimpse of her life on television week by week. "It was absolutely an honor,
 she told me with no hesitation. "I didn't even think twice. After growing up in this 'lifestyle' it was an opportunity for me to tell my truth to the world my way."

And that is exactly what Nora was able to do, garnering fans around the world with her candor and relatable personality. "I was always judged as a child," she told me. "Through the show I was able to let the truth be known my way." She was also able to show that she was more than just a Mob Daughter. She was a person with feelings, ambitions and plans for the future.

The platform that was Mob Wives Chicago allowed Nora to bring attention to causes and work that mattered to her, including cancer awareness. "What a lot of people didn't see on the show was I was going to school full-time as well," Nora says. She is now writing a book about her life as well as enjoying the success of her wine The German, which is a tribute to her father.

At the end of the day for Nora Schweihs the important thing is to always look forward. Her advice for you? "Stay true to yourself. When someone is negative just cut it off, eliminate the bad and proceed with the good. Don't be fake. Just be true. Most importantly stay real. That's what brings positivity out. Negativity will bring you down, but positivity will always bring you up."

Great advice from someone who knows what it takes to succeed in life and in business! To stay in touch with Nora and her upcoming projects follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/noraschweihs.

No comments:

Post a Comment