Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

GIFTED BY DESIGN: Carolina Mejia


Designer: Carolina Mejia

Line:  .mcma.

Based out of what city/state: born in London, based in Cali Columbia

Year Est.: 2009

Specialty: womans wear & accessories 

When did you realize that your journey in life was leading you to fashion? It would be when I started creating things for my self and my friends would buy them.

As you have pursued your vision and your goals how have you stayed motivated and kept your eye on the prize? I have stayed motivated due to all the positive outcomes I have had. Also I have a social responsibility: .mcma. pays for the education of children from foundation dar esperanza Cali Colombia. 

Fashion is able to do different things for different people. When someone wears one of your pieces or designs what do you hope they feel? I hope they feel like themselves, highly confident.  

What advice would you give to anyone reading this that is looking for a word of advice about following their own dreams? 1. Take risks. 2. Have high self confidence. 3. Know thyself. 4. Do it with passion. 5. When you do things with love with no bad intentions behind you will get positive results. 

www.mcmalondon.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment