Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Sunday, August 31, 2014

[To You, From Me] Becoming New From the Inside Out

I tell everyone that I am a work in progress.

When I see the way my life has evolved over the past decade I have many reasons to be thankful and to feel blessed, but that doesn't mean the work is over.

I, like many of you, began 2014 with a list of goals that I wanted to be able to achieve. Have i accomplished them all? No, but I choose to focus on the strides that I have made, the people I have inspired and the impact that I am able to make in my corner of the world. The same should be true for you. If you haven't achieved what you have wanted to up to this point, don't let that get you down. If you are reading this that means that you have been given another day to make some amazing strides. The choice is totally up to you.

In this issue of Conversations Magazine we hope to inspire you to become new from the inside out. What does that mean? Well, I believe the articles will get you to thinking not just about the individuals profiled but about yourself and what you are able to do beginning right now. It all begins with the decision.

For those who read scripture Roman 12: 2 says in part: "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..." That shows us that anything that we want to manifest on the outside must begin within. The three individuals on the cover of this issue (Michael Cory Davis, Glenda L. Hunter and Branden Nicholson) have all realized that. No matter what their professions they have been able to 'renew their minds', activating their gifts and seeing how they are being used in the world.

That is my challenge for you. No matter what you want to do (pursue a career, perfect a craft or improve things on the homefront), you can do it, but you have to approach it with the right attitude. As I mentioned I haven't been able to do everything I started out to this year---but that doesn't mean I am going to stop trying. Neither should you.

What is it that you are striving to do? What steps are you taking right now to do it? I want to know! Drop me a line at cawebb4@juno.com. Would love to be able to encourage you along the way to not just think about it but start doing it!

Until next time, happy reading!





Cyrus Webb, Editor-In-Chief
Conversations Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment