Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Actor Octavio Pizano: Taking the Risks Needed to Follow His Dreams

by Cyrus Webb

When you know you are doing the work that was intended for you, there is no better feeling in the world than to have that validated by success. Actor Octavio Pizano came upon my radar in 2014 on Tyler Perry's IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG, and he shows from the first time we were introduced to him that he had skills. I reached out to him on Twitter about an interview, and he graciously accepted my invitation to share some of the highlights of the first season of the Oprah Winfrey Network's top-rated show.

OCTAVIO ON THE RESPONSE TO IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG:
"It's been impressive to see the response. We spent over 2 months shooting in Atlanta, and we were so immersed in it we weren't thinking about how people would respond to it. It's been quite an adventure."

OCTAVIO ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA RESPONSE:
"I wasn't on twitter before the show, but we were encouraged to get involved in the live tweeting experience during each new episode. It's crazy to see so many people tweeting your name, but it's also fun watching it with the fans. When you're on set you're only involved in your story. Now I can watch all the other stories unfold. To share that with the fans is awesome."

OCTAVIO ON ACTING:
"I fell into it and got addicted. I couldn't let go of the feeling it gave me. I was very blessed by my father to do whatever I love. When I first brought up about acting he did raise the usual things about the competitive industry and not a lot of people make it. Once he saw the passion I had for it he told me to give it my all."

OCTAVIO ON BRINGING JULIUS TO LIFE:
"You really do bring your all to make this character live and breathe. Playing Julius is so different for me, so I did a lot of research. It's a very interesting experience.once you get into the skin of the character and completely give in to the role and give in to the story. Glad that people are liking him."

OCTAVIO ON THE INVESTMENT INTO YOURSELF:
"Even when you get a break it's what you do with it that matters. Success requires a risk-taking ability. A lot of people are going to try to pass on their fears and doubts to you, but as long as you have a vision and you're focused people will see it. It really is an investment. If you're not passionate about about what you're doing, it's going to consume you.

OCTAVIO ON THE REWARD:
"You get to motivate other people to go for their dreams. Nothing more rewarding than inspiring others to follow their path. Giving your best is something that sets you apart."

Stay connected with Octavio on social media at www.twitter.com/OctavioPizano and www.facebook.com/octaviopizanoofficial.

Photo Credit: Mark Racek

No comments:

Post a Comment