Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Actor Jerome Ro Brooks: Sharing His Light Wherever He Goes

by Cyrus Webb

Actor Jerome Ro Brooks has been walking in his purpose for quite some time, but when he became known for the character Michael in Tyler Perry's hit show THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS everything seemed to change----but did it?

Maybe for many of us Jerome had struck gold, but in his eyes he saw what was going on in his career as a fulfillment of the prayer he had prayed. "I'm a God fearing man," he told me. "What I always told myself when I prayed was that whenever I make it keep me like I am." And that is exactly what he works to do each and every day. "I want to stay the same guy that other people already love and still bring my light to what is a dark arena."

Even between seasons Jerome's light has done just that, bringing attention to causes and events that matter to him. You can see him online raising awareness and funds for various charities and using the platform he has for good. That is what he believes matters the most.  "I still want to treat you as a human," he explained. "It took a while for people to see me as a talent, but I didn't want to take advantage of the way they saw me. People don't expect you to be humble while you are in this business. Staying true to myself hasn't been hard, because I have always asked for it."

After people were introduced to Michael at the beginning of THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS Season Two the response towards Jerome was instant. "I am so blessed and humbled by the love and the opportunity to work with Tyler Perry," He told me. "He's a genius. I'm blown away everyday. they (the fans) treat us like that (character) is who we really are. Michael gets so much love on the show. The support has been unbelievable."

Jerome's character has been dealing with three very distinctive areas: 1) being the grieving grandfather after his granddaughter was killed, 2)playing a character that has a child who has a drug problem, and 3) his feelings for Hannah.

Will Jerome and Hannah end up together? We will just have to keep watching THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS to see.

Stay connected with Jerome on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jeromerobrooks and make sure to like his Facebook page as well. He is also the author of the book How To Go From Extra To ACTOR. The main source for everything he is up to can be found on his website at www.robrooks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment