Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, December 6, 2013

Model Eric Gray: Building His Brand on the Foundation of Faith

by Cyrus Webb

Athlete. Model Actor. These are just three ways that the world has gotten to know Eric Gray, but if his current path is any indication there are many more additions to his brand to come. In 2013 he has seen many of his dreams come true, however, he's not ready to stop. In fact, in many ways he is just getting started.

"It been an absolute blessing from God to be able to be presented with the opportunities to follow my passion," Eric told me during our conversation. "It hasn't been an easy journey, but if you're passionate about it that's what makes the difference."

Passion is something that Eric has an abundance of. It all began with his love of sports. Coming from a family that was very athletic, he told me that it was his older brother that was his biggest inspiration to pursue football. "It sparked something in me that said 'I can do it'," he says. "It was then that I put my heart and soul in it. I love the challenge and the competitive nature that sports brought. I also love the discipline you have to have to be successful."

When dealing with challenges, Eric said he is reminded of this saying: "Tough times never last but tough people do." He thinks about that when things don't always go as planned.

If you watch his posts on Facebook you will see that Eric is always trying to not just keep his fans updated on what he is working on but inspiring them through encouraging words as well. I asked him where that comes from and he said it was his family. "I saw the foundation of God in my family," he told me. I saw how they handled things through faith. You get knocked down, but you get back up. That's part of life. You might win some. You might lose some. The important thing is that you live to fight another day. As long as you are breathing you can fight again, you can win again."

This attitude followed him from sports to modeling. He says that it all began with a message on Facebook about doing a couple of photoshoots. Though hesitate at first Eric finally decide to go for it. "You got one life to live," he says. "Once I make my mind up, I'm going full-throttle." He says once he hit the stage and when the lights hit it was showtime. "Like in football I had to step my game up and make sure I am seen. When I go out there I want to make a statement. I'm always thinking what's going to separate me from everyone else."

This year he has also pursued acting, making it his goal to continue to excel. What does he hope those watching his success realize about themselves? "I want to continue to show others that no matter where you come from or what you have been through it's all about how you handle the process. I wouldn't take my journey for nothing. It's helped me to appreciate every moment and to continue to excel in every area and embrace the moment."

Stay in touch with Eric and his current events visit www.tinyurl.com/ericgray.




No comments:

Post a Comment