Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Friday, September 7, 2012

Actress Jaqueline Fleming: Acting on a Vision

by Cyrus Webb

There is no substitute for hard work and dedication. When you are living in alignment with your divine purpose, there will be continual blessings showered upon you that seem almost beyond belief.

Just ask actress Jaqueline Fleming.

She has been enjoying a year that would be any actor's dream: Not one but THREE movies in theaters already in 2012: Woman Thou Art Loose: On The 7th Day, Contraband and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter as well as the pilot of her own sitcom UNDER ONE ROOF being shopped around for a network. Yes, life is pretty good for her right now.

"It's been exciting," Fleming told me during our conversation. "I'm so glad to do what I love, that is to tell the story. It's why I got into the business the first place."

That same feeling has carried into her sitcom as well. She told me that this was an opportunity to give viewers a look at a family dynamic that people literally around the world could relate to.

I believe that what has contributed the most to Jaqueline Fleming's success is her ability to not only pursue her career but use her platform as a way to give others an opportunity. A great example would be the acting studio that she has now opened in New Orleans.

During our conversation she told me that she had come out to New Orleans from L.A. about 4 1/2 years ago for a New Year's Eve party. Something else was in the works, though. "One thing led to another," she explained, "and I saw a vision for a acting studio in the city." She not only saw it, but began putting things in motion to make it a reality. "It was a purpose greater than myself," she says. "This is my way to help other people get into the business." This led her to beginning an entertainment and production company to expose the talent in the southeast region.

The rest as they say is history.

How has she been able to do all that she has accomplished? "It's not really about you," she told me. "I am just taking advantage of the opportunities in front of me. We all have the same amount of time. It's all in what you do with it."

Jaqueline told me that she is just having a great time living life, and that she hopes that something she has been able to do contributes to others being able to see their own potential as well. May that be something all of us strive for!

To stay in contact with Jaqueline subscribe to her feed on Facebook by searching her name "Jaqueline Fleming". You can also follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jaqfleming.

No comments:

Post a Comment