Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Treasure Every Moment Of Your Life

by Mary E. Gilder
 

How many times during the course of a year, month, week or day have you heard someone state, "Life is so short?" How many times during the course of a year, month, week or day have you heard someone state, "Live each day as though it were your last?" How many times during the course of a year, month, week or day you have heard someone state, "Treasure every moment?"

Well, last week while sitting in my car, in front of my favorite grocery store, my mom phoned. For the record, I always cherish conversations shared with my mom. During this particular conversation my mom shared her perspective on life and the importance of treasuring every moment.

It was during that conversation, I became invaded with overwhelming thoughts. Because within that moment, I came to truly understand the depth of my mom's words as I replied, "Mom, we are only here for a moment. In sixty years, in all likelihood, your generation as well as, mine will be gone. Your sister's, their spouses and their children who are my first cousins will be gone. And all who reside within my home, my Aunts, Uncles, first Cousins, friends, neighbors and co-workers; gone.

As my conversation extended, with intensity, I observed several adults walking by, the cars passing by and the interactions of people from afar. And in that moment, I digested a reality; we are simply visitors and our passports will expire. As I made an attempt to process that truth, the cries from an infant in the car parked next to mine, validated that our replacements are arriving daily.

Reflect on this:

  • Why do we exist as though we are going to be here for a life time?

  • Why do we disrespect each other and live as though we have a lifetime to atone?

  • Why do you hold back the love housed within your heart? And live as though you have a lifetime to muster up the courage to express what it is your heart truly feels.

Set aside a moment and look around, take a good look around. In sixty years the landscape may present as unaffected however, what will differ are the earth's occupants. There will be new tourist on assignment. In fact, our replacements are being born each and every day.

Yes, it's time to get serious about your life, it's time to treasure every single moment, it's time to embrace all that adds joy to your soul, and it's time to take a stand for what you truly desire. It's time to distance yourself from negativity, it's time to align with positivity and it's time for you to invest in love. But most importantly, it's time for you to stop living as though you have a life time to get it right. Waiting until tomorrow will no longer do, starting today be committed to treasuring every moment of your visit.

Wishing you endless Love, Joy and Peace, Mary

Mary E. Gilder is the author of the award winning novel, "A Misrepresentation of Myself." She can be reached at meg@maryegilder.com or bookclubs.maryegilder@yahoo.com. Also visit her website at maryegilder.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment